Monday, April 27, 2009

Renewal in the Rain....

Wow, this month has flown by! I cannot believe that it is almost May and the last time I wrote on here seems like so long ago. I have been most blessed in my new job and love being there day after day. It is finally picking up with the warmer weather we've had lately, and it rained last week and everything, all the buds on the trees and shrubs, and flowers they just popped out and burst forth in a sea of color and glory. I love being able to witness that firsthand every day as there is always something new.

The past few days it has been raining off and on, and thunderstorms have been pretty constant as well. To me this is one of my most favorite things, to be able to smell the rain, and see the grass turn green again, and the buds opening on the plants, it is the smell of renewal, of rebirth, the Genesis of Spring if you will. I count myself blessed to be able to bear witness to such a marvelous thing, and it never gets old, every year I look forward to the "newness" of God's creation. It helps to remind me that everything is made new, and makes me think of my life being made new again in Christ.

The rain to me is a reminder of how all my sins have been washed away through Him and how He is constantly working in my life. My life now has been renewed through Him, the one who saved me and constantly reminds me, even in the little things like the rain that He is near, and He is in control. HE is the one who was with me in the biggest storms in my life and He will always be, and I will always be grateful for such love and grace in my life.

I WILL Praise You in This Storm.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

SO good. Thanks, Nikkilicious.

:)

Annie said...

I love this group and this song! What a beautiful reminder of rain and it's gift. So glad you are enjoying your job and writing again! Peace and Praises for the rest of the week!

janelle said...

Nikki, isn't it great how God makes all things new?

Another song to fit: "...if that's what it takes to bring you glory, Jesus bring the rain..."

You bring God glory.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...