Thursday, July 22, 2010

Find your wings


Dear Daemon,

Today is your 5th birthday, and I cannot believe you are that old already! It seems like just yesterday when your mom and dad called and were so excited that you had finally arrived after many hours of labor and finally a c-section in the hot Texas weather. Even then you were a stubborn little boy!



I finally met you when you were 2 months old. You came to live with your mom and dad at GG and Pops' house when you moved up from Texas, and I was living there at the time too. How how I loved those days! Even when you would cry I would just think how awesome it was to have you here and how I wished I could have been there for your birth! It was great having you living at that house D-man, we spent so much time together, so many days and nights getting to know each other. I loved it when your cue ball head went from bald to curly, almost overnight! that curly hair, oh how I love the thought of it and miss it on your head even now, I would love to run my fingers through that mop of hair on your head.

You are the smartest little man I know. Reading by yourself when you were 4 years old, you know the alphabet forwards and backwards. The time you counted to 100 for me, that was awesome! You can probably count to infinity by now you're so smart!
Even your teacher was impressed.

You love to read, and you love to read to me when I come and visit and I love to soak it all up, and I just marvel at you, you are a little wonder, a little blessing, and you get smarter and smarter every time I see you. You even showed me how to log on to PBS Kids, and how I should really click the "Hint" button when I play Bejeweled because it will "help you out a lot." You make me smile.

You used to call me Auntie Ninny because you couldn't say your k's for "Nikki". I loved hearing you say that, it just made my heart melt. A few months ago I came home and you called me "Auntie Nikki" and oh how happy and sad I was all at the same time. Happy because you are getting bigger and smarter, but sad because I knew that I was always going to miss being your "Auntie Ninny" but I will always remember it too!

And buddy? I know that I am farther away now, and I don't get to come see you as much as you or I would like, but don't ever for a second think that means I don't love you and think about you and pray for you every single day! I would be there in a heartbeat to spend time with you and have you read to me, and show me how to use "my camera" and tell me everything you did that day over and over again.

1 month from now you will be starting kindergarten and I can hardly believe it! You are getting to be such a big boy and the time sure has flown by, I know your mommy and daddy say the same thing too. Even though I won't be there for your first day of kindergarten, just know that I will be thinking of you and praying for you and loving you still.

You are my little D-man, my little buddy. Happy Birthday!
Love,
Auntie Ninny

5 comments:

Candice Pendergrass said...

that totally made me cry :) that was beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Me too! Thanks, Nikki, for reminding me all over again what a blessings children and grand children are. GG

Jake and Nikki Boden said...

Trust me, I cried when I was writing it. But I knew I had to, I felt like I was being "pulled" to write it yesterday. Love and miss you guys. Wish I could be there with you this weekend.

richelle jean said...

just wanna let you know that i LOVE these photos. you are all so beautiful. and i loveee the title of your blog. :)

Jake and Nikki Boden said...

Thanks so much Richelle! That means a lot and I don't take what I am doing here for granted. I appreciate that you take the time to read this blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...