Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks in all Circumstances

In honor of the celebration of Thanksgiving, I thought it would be fitting that Jake and I compiled lists of the things we are especially thankful for this year. I figured that even despite all the negative things we are all seeing in the news these days and all the happenings around the world, there is still always something to be thankful for, and today just happens to provide us a day to be able to focus on these things and give thanks in ALL circumstances.
These are in no particular order, and no particular amount. And before you ask, no, I did NOT write these for Jake, as for #1, I am not that vain :-)

Jake is thankful for:

1. Nikki, having a loving wife
2. Freedom
3. Family and Friends
4. Health
5. Living in Iowa

Nikki is thankful for:

1. Jake, a loving and understanding husband, such a blessing in my life.
2. Friends and Family who are always there and constantly uplifting us in prayer.
3. God, His rich blessings and grace in our lives.
4. Freedom. Being able to live in a free country (and Iowa) :-) And being able to give Thanks.
5. Life and life lessons. Being able to live and learn even now as I am struggling with my health.
6. Music. So uplifting and moving, helps get me through whatever it is I am facing in any given day.
7. The many gifts that God has given me through Art and Photography, Nature and Song.

So we pray in this day, weather you are alone or spending time with friends and family, that you too are giving thanks. Being able to give thanks no matter what your going through, it's all part of God's Faithfulness in and to all our lives.

I leave you with a video to the song For the Beauty of the Earth, sung here by Barlowgirl. This song is one of my favorite and most cherished songs about the Thanksgiving season and I know it's "old school" but I never get sick of hearing it. "Lord of all to Thee we raise, this our hymn of grateful praise!"




Also, I found a video of the things that little kids are thankful for, very cute!




Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving from the Boden Household :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...