Saturday, November 29, 2008

Heaven called, he answered...

Today as I woke up I had no idea of the news I was about to find as I logged on to my facebook account. Jake and I just found out that one of my and Jake's friends, Todd, lost his dad Ron to a battle with cancer last night 11/28/08 around 9 pm. This was a fast and furious battle from what we understand, as he was diagnosed a little over a month ago. This is a sad day for the De Jong family and we lift up his wife Ranelle, and his children Todd and his wife April, Tyler and his wife Crystal, and Sandra, her husband Chris Borchers and their kids, and all their extended family. I know this time is not easy for them, and I don't even pretend to know what they're going through right now. I do know however that they know and are comforted by the fact that he has gone to heaven to be with Jesus, and that they too will see Ron again one day when they are called home to heaven for eternity.

Ron was a great man, and we have many fond memories of him, especially Figure 8 racing and all the fun we had at those times. We will always remember those moments with him, and cannot wait for the day when we too will join him in singing with the choirs of angels in heaven.
God called a great man home today, he must've needed a very special angel to join him.
We love you Ron, we'll miss you, always.

I have a lot of songs that come to mind right now that I'd like to post on here, but I will only post one. It has really helped me through some difficult times recently, and I hope it will be able to help this family during this time, and it will be a blessing to them.

This is a video of the lead singer talking about the song "Streets of Gold" that you can play on my music player to the right of this message. There are also some other songs after that and mixed in that are very comforting as well.

God Bless.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...