Thursday, February 12, 2009

Faith, Hope and Love

Found this video today as I was searching and praying for some things this afternoon, and it really touched my heart. It follows Laura Story and her husband and her song "Mighty to save" is playing in the background. So fitting this story of love this week and a great reminder to me of my wedding vows that I spoke to my husband only a little over a year ago.
So many great reasons to celebrate our 2nd Valentine's Day as husband and wife, but most important to me I think is because those vows really have meant something to the both of us this year. My illness has really taken a toll on the both of us, but we've been together through it all, and Jake has supported me like he promised he would in those vows when he said "In sickness and in health" and in that he has shown me some of the greatest love a wife could know. He has never left my side, and has held me in the darkest night, and I could not ask for more than the great support he has been through it all. Love you Blue eyes, forever and always! Happy Valentine's Day, and no worries, I'll still be baking you those cookies you love so much :-)

2 comments:

janelle said...

Sounds like a great man you have. May you feel loved by him every day of your life - good times and bad!!

Jake and Nikki Boden said...

I do! He has been my human "rock" and though I know he cannot replace God as my true rock, the husband he is and the things he does for me will never be lost on me. I appreciate him so much and cannot tell him enough! God has truly blessed me with this man in my life!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...