Monday, February 23, 2009

Playing Tag, Part 2

In reading my last post I realized that for some reason I missed 2 of the 10 things I was supposed to type. I am not sure why, I either missed the number of things I was supposed to type, or misread it, who knows, but I am going to finish out that list!
So here goes. I can honestly say that:

9. When I have dreams while I am sleeping I have dreams in Black and White, and dreams in color. For some reason the ones that are in color ALWAYS become reality and I ALWAYS remember those ones. It's like one of those things where you feel like it's Deja' Vu, but there will be times when something happens and I honestly feel like I've been there before, in that moment, and I know it's because I've dreamt about it. I know it sounds weird, but it's happened that way my whole life, and I like to think of it as a gift.

10. I always, ALWAYS cry when I hear or sing the following songs:
"How Great Thou Art", "Amazing Grace", and many more, but especially those two. The reason being is that they remind me of my Grandpa Clarence who passed away 4 years ago. These 2 songs were some of his favorite and I have great memories of singing the first song at the Anniversary Party of my grandparents with my sisters, specifically because it was one of his favorite songs. I never get sick of singing these, and I never get sick of hearing these. Whether you enjoy the original versions of these hymns, or the newer versions, or you love both, they are hymns that continue to bring me closer to God. I have a better understanding of why my Grandpa loved these songs so much, and I appreciate and love him so much more for being able to share the gift of music with me and giving me those memories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'Amazing Grace' was also my grandma's favorite song. She also loved 'Edelweiss' from the Sound of Music.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...