Friday, January 16, 2009

It's gonna be worth it all

The mark of true friendship is stated in Proverbs 17:17~ A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need. Some friendships are fleeting, and some are lasting. True friendships are glued together with bonds of loyalty and commitment. They remain intact, despite ever changing external circumstances that surround them.
I believe that I have found this once again in my life through a friend, we'll call her Sarah. She never ceases to amaze me with her love for God and for others, and is always there with a kind word, or music that inspires, and messages of hope in times of need. I know God has brought her into my life here in Ames for more reasons than I can even begin to know or explain. She is truly one of those people who makes me want to be more and do more in this life for God. She is passionate about so many things, but music is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of her and yet again, it has inspired me. I have been really struggling recently in many different areas of my life, and she sent me a message and suggested that I might like a certain song. So I thought, why not, she's got great taste in music, so I listened to it. The song? Worth it all By Rita Springer.
This song came into my life at the perfect time, just when I thought everything I was going through was never ending, and that I was all alone in this, truthfully I just wanted all the pain to go away, and have cried, well sobbed really more times than I care to admit this week. Like I told my husband, " I just want to feel normal again, I just want the pain to go away, is that too much to ask?" Well apparently it's not too much to ask, apparently everything I am struggling with and dealing with this week, there's a reason for it. All the pain, the suffering, the trials that I am enduring in my life will be worth it in the end. There is a reason for all of this, and despite my problems I can give it all up to God and still praise Him in all of this, and in the end when I go to meet My Maker, I can say to Him, it was worth it. All of it. Everything was worth it for this. Thank you for calling me yours and holding me through all those times.
Trust me when I say, nothing you are going through is never NOT worth the glory of the Lord that we will see in heaven!

2 Corinthians 12:10~ Since I know it is all for Christ's good, I am quite content with my weaknesses and with insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


2 Timothy 2:10~ I am willing to endure anything if it will bring salvation and eternal glory in Christ Jesus to those God has chosen.


Romans 5:3-4~ We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know they are good for us-they help us to learn to endure. And endurance develops strength of character.

Here are the lyrics to Worth it All:

I don't understand Your ways
Oh but I will give You my song
Give You all of my praise
You hold on to all my pain
With it You are pulling me closer
And pulling me into Your ways

Now around every corner
And up every mountain
I'm not looking for crowns
Or the water from fountains
I'm desperate in seeking, frantic believing
That the sight of Your face
Is all that I need
I will say to You

It's gonna be worth it
It's gonna be worth it
It's gonna be worth it all
I believe this
It's gonna be worth it
It's gonna be worth it
It's gonna be worth it all
I believe this

You're gonna be worth it
You're gonna be worth it
You're gonna be worth it all
I believe this
You're gonna be worth it
You're gonna be worth it
You're gonna be worth it all
I believe this

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AWWW NIKKI, I love you! :-)

SO glad you liked that song. You are a blessing in my life too!!! Praying for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...