Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year, New Life, New Love

As I celebrated the arrival of 2009 I looked back on the year that was 2008. There have been many changes in my and Jake's life in the past year and I would just like to share some of those with you.

1. I continued my life here in Ames, IA, after having moved in October of 2007 (after having gotten married only 2 days before no-less!)! And got a job at McFarland Clinic here in town in February of 2008.

2. My niece Victoria Lynn Pendergrass was born on March 6, 2008, and is one of the most beautiful itty bitties you've ever seen. I am totally NOT biased by the way, just because I am her aunt :-) She really is THAT cute :-) Just to prove it here's a picture:


See she's cute, right :-) I think she kinda looks like me, but I am sure my sister Candice would beg to differ and say she looks like her because
it's her kid and all. Whatevs I guess. Same difference. Oh yeah! And Daemon celebrated his 3rd birthday this year too, and he's a pretty handsome little man if I do say so myself, and here's a pic of him too! Not like you need any proof, I mean hello, look at the family he comes from :-)




I also had the opportunity to take some adorable pictures of my niece Elissa in her flower girl dress when we were back home in NW Iowa for a weekend and here's a pic from that. I must say she is pretty adorable too :-)


3. I enjoyed spending time with my family when they came to Ames to celebrate the 4th of July with me, and we had a great meal, went to the parade, and visited the Reiman Gardens over on the campus of ISU; that are absolutely fabulous by the way; and of course, once again just because I have a degree in Horticulture and Landscape Design does NOT mean I am
biased :-) They really are beautiful! If you've never been you should come visit Ames and
check them out! Unfortunately I don't have any pics of my own from that weekend cause
my camera was acting up, but you can always go to http://www.reimangardens.iastate.edu/ and check out their website.


4. We had many random events over the summer. Jake and I went to a few races in the area, and now Jake is thinking of getting into racing B-mods. You'll have to ask him for all the details, but it sounds pretty exciting to me! We also went home in September over Labor Day weekend to the lakes at Okoboji and to visit the family. It's always nice to go home!

5. I got sick starting at the end of August, and beginning of September and waited 3 long months to even find out what was wrong with me. I have been tested for virtually everything, but it turns out I have been diagnosed with a malabsorption problem. I was also diagnosed with depression, and am still awaiting some test results on my liver, as it seems I have a genetic "deficiency" and there may be more wrong with my liver than first thought. So please still keep Jake and I in your prayers regarding my health in the new year!

6. We celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary on October 6th, 2008! It's amazing to know that we've gotten through that first year as a married couple, and how far we've come in that short time. We'll have been together as a couple for 10 years tomorrow, January 8, 2009, and I just think how amazing it is how much we've grown and changed and learned from each other in those years, and we cannot wait to see what God has in store for us in the next 10 years of our lives together!

7. We returned home to celebrate Christmas with our families and friends, and ended 2008 where we began, in NW Iowa!














8. I officially began Weight Watchers online to go with my Curves workouts, and am starting a brand new year, with a new love for myself that I haven't had in a really long time. I cannot tell you how good it feels to take care of me, and to know that I deserve it. I have needed this so much I cannot even tell you how "all about" this new me I am, and I cannot wait to begin my "New Life!"

We cannot wait to see what happens in our lives in 2009 and where God takes us this year. Until then I leave you with the lyrics to a song that has helped get me through many times in my life, and is just a great reminder that throughout the years, no matter what, God is always faithful to us. (The song to these lyrics can be found at the right side of the page on my player).


Faithful to Me (Jennifer Knapp)

All the chisels I've dulled carving idols of stone
that have crumbled like sand 'neath the waves
I've recklessly built all my dreams in the sand,
just to watch them all wash away

Through another day, another trial
Another chance to reconcile
To One who sees past all I've seen,
and reaching out my weary hand,
I pray that you'd understand,
You're the only one who's faithful to me.

All the pennies I've wasted in my wishing well
I have thrown like stones to the sea.
I have cast my lots, dropped my guard, searched aimlessly,
for a faith to be faithful to me.

Through another day, another trial,
Another chance to reconcile
To One who sees past all I've seen,
and reaching out my weary hand,
I pray that you'd understand,
You're the only one who's faithful to me.
You're the only one who's faithful to me.

2 comments:

janelle said...

Nikki, this is an older post so not even sure if you'll read this comment.

I guess it doesn't matter if you do or not because the point of this was to let you know that I asked God to bless you, even more, in 2009. So whether or not you read it, I pray that his blessings are so real and overflowing that you know it without reading it!

Jake and Nikki Boden said...

Janelle,

Thank you so much for your continued prayers. It means so much that I have people "praying me through." I pray the same thing for my life as well as for you and your family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...